As a member of the Asia-IT team, the Delivery Manager plays integral part of the relationship management, planning and delivery leadership for the Mobile projects. The Delivery Manager is accountable for the end-to-end solution across a wide range of mobile and digital projects, comprising of mobile development, mobile web development, web service and backend integrations.
This role will be accountable to initiate, plan, mobilize project teams, and govern them through to execution. She/he is accountable to remove barriers and facilitate solutions to address business partner’s needs.
More strategically, the Delivery Manager would be responsible for understanding the longer-term objectives of our business partners, and leverage Asia architecture, best practices and delivery methodology to provide the required solutions.
- Owns end-to-end solution delivery. Ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and with required quality.
- Accountable for project intake and estimation
- Work closely with the Architect and the Delivery / Account Director during the project life cycle.
- Accountable for the technical leadership from project initiation to implementation. Ensures that a sound and future proof architecture is planned and its implementation meets the technical quality standards.
- Ensures that appropriate organization, governance, decision making, and delivery structures are in place to drive outcomes articulated in the business case, CBA, business requirements, and program/project charter
- Ensures that standard and best practice for project and program management processes are applied to plan, and execute initiatives with high complexity and risk
- Lead and mentor team and serve as an escalation point for delivery issues
- Perform regular delivery risk reviews and support the project teams with escalations and resolutions as required
- Handles vendor contracting and management
- Responsible for governance of project budgets
- Ensure IT software delivery meets high quality standards
- Regular reporting and publishing of the metrics for all assigned work delivery
- Resource planning to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Establish project structure and reporting relationships, ensure that everybody understands the project goals and his/her role and responsibilities, encourage good working relationships among all project team members, motivate and resolve conflicts between individual members of the team
- Work with the Practice Managers to develop and maintain the required skills and competencies on the delivery team
- Strong experience in Mobile application development, preferably Hybrid mobile applications.
- Experience in IBM Mobile First.
- Experience in Apache Cardova, AngularJS, IONIC, Andriod, and iOS mobile development.
- Good understanding of API development in Java technology
- Solution oriented thought process.
- Understand and excited to explore the upcoming mobile trends in market.
- Strong communication skills
- Support the pursuit and realization of new business opportunities
- Strong understanding of business areas drivers and priorities
- Establish long-term partnerships with the business partners and account team
- Organize and maintain effective communication, both internal (within project team) and external (with project stakeholders and business partners)
- Facilitate business prioritization and decisions
- Strong experience of cross geography stakeholder management, ability to seamlessly work with project managers & delivery directors
Qualifications/ Industry Experience:
- BE, B. Tech. or MBA from reputed institute.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in design & development of data projects or support
- 5+ years of experience in delivery management in offshoring
- Extensive experience in leading and delivering high profile projects.
- Strong Domain exposure to Mobile development.
- Experience working in Lean / Agile / Scrum methodologies for enterprise IT delivery.
- Mixture of strong business acumen, understanding of data and information and project delivery skills.
- Managing and developing high performing project teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively negotiate with senior stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal communication, motivational, organizational and planning skills.
Offered Salary (Monthly)₹ 2,00,000 - ₹ 2,50,000
Career LevelManager/Sr. Manager
Experience12 - 15 Years
Related Jobs (8)
Software Engineer – Java & Linux – ProdEx, CHENNAI on May 23, 2019 Full Time