Skill Development Framework-NSDC

About

The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is a one-of-its-kind, Public Private Partnership (PPP) model in India, under the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship ( MSDE ). It aims to promote skill development by catalyzing creation of large and quality vocational institutions. A not-for-profit company set up by the Ministry of Finance, under Companies Act, of which the Government of India holds equity for 49%, while the rest 51% is held by the private sector. Of the 13 directors of NSDC, nine are from private sector and the rest from government. NSDC  launched its operation in 2009, primarily to enable skills-related training through private-sector partners with the objective of skilling 150 million people by 2022

NSDC’s role is to promote private sector participation in skill development. Private sector cooperation is necessary for nationwide promotion of skill development as private sector has funds, trainers and institutions besides offering large variety of jobs to the workforce.

NSDC provides funds to several skill development initiatives, SSCs and other activities including the setting up of large number of vocational institutions in the country. Its mandate is also to enable support system which focuses on quality assurance, information systems and train the trainer academies either directly or through partnerships. The Corporation is encouraging private sector players to provide low-cost training.

Key activities done by NSDC are:

• Funding and incentivizing skill development programmes
and Sector Skill Councils.

• Providing services such as innovation, skill gap and
other studies, train the trainer programmes and initiating international
collaboration.

• Creating s sustainable ecosystem for skill development.

NSDC acts as a catalyst in skill development by providing funding to enterprises, companies and organizations that provide skill training. NSDC gives funds to assist partner entities for enhancing the employability of work force. Funds are provided in the form of soft loans, equity and grants, or even a combination of one or more instruments. 

The NSDC has been operating through partnerships with other stakeholders in skill formation and thereby creating a skilling ecosystem viz. It partners with the private sector players, Central Ministries, State Governments, universities and schools etc. for aligning education and training to National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF).

Vission

Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi

Today, the world and India need a skilled workforce. If we have to promote the development of our country then our mission has to be `skill development’ and `Skilled India’. Millions and millions of Indian youth should acquire the skills which could contribute towards making India a modern country. I also want to create a pool of young people who are able to create jobs and the ones who are not capable of creating jobs and do not have the opportunities, they must be in a position to face their counterparts in any corner of the world while keeping their heads high by virtue of their hard work and their dexterity of hands and win the hearts of people around the world through their skills. We want to go for the capacity building of such young people. My brothers and sisters, having taken a resolve to enhance the skill development at a highly rapid pace, I want to accomplish this. ”

Quick links to Structure

Training Partner

Find a Training Partner

Details of NSDC training partners with their updated  profiles

Partner Network

NSDC Partner Network

Training Partner (TP) network of over 400 affiliates, 37 industry-led SSCs

Innovation

Innovation & Engagement

NSDC looks at innovations that can particularly add value and address various challenges in the skill development ecosystem.

Training centre

NSDC Training Centre

Find training centers associated with NSDC for imparting quality vocational training under various schemes of MSDE

Sector Skill council

Sector Skill Council

Sector Skill Councils (SSCs) play a vital role in bridging the gap between what the industry demands and what the skilling requirements ought to be.

Information Center

Information Centre

Information Center provides the latest updates and notices on press release and press coverage along with annual reports, newsletter and success stories.

Knowledge Base